With Google Ads you can use ads with Google searches based on relevant keywords defined by the advertiser. Google uses these characteristics to place advertising content on pages where they think it might be relevant, based on a pay-per-click formula.
With our Google Ads Offline Conversion integration integration, you'll be able to track your ad conversion and import Freespee call data into your Google Ads account.
1. To enable this integration, simply go to the Dashboard in your account, click on the Workflows menu, select Integrations and request Google Ads Offline Conversion integration. (This only needs to be done once and only if it is not done before). This will send a ticket to our support team that will enable the Workflow for you as soon as possible. Note that your agreement must include this workflow in order for you to use it.
2. When you have got an email saying the integration has been enabled you can go to the integrations site again and click on Setup.
3. There, you will only need to add your Customer ID (without dashes, only digits as seen below) in Google Ads and click to save the changes.
To know your Customer ID, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Look at the top right corner of any page.
- Find “Customer ID” above your email address.
More on this here: https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/1704344?hl=en
4. When you save the changes click on the Google button to start the OAUTH2 flow and authorise Freespee's Google Ads Offline Conversion App to upload conversion into your Google Ads account.
- What will this app do with user data? Freespee will only store the email and the name of the person authorising the App so it can understand who to contact in case of an issue with the app.
- How does this app enhance user functionality? By automating the conversion upload to your Google Ads account there is no need to go through difficult ETL processes to understand which campaigns are driving the most calls.
Once you have authorised Freespee to feed data to your account a conversion needs to be created in Google Ads. Go to Tools -> Measurements -> Conversions. Create a new IMPORT conversion:
Give it a name, and set it up the best way it suits you and use that conversion name to set up the integration in Freespee. The conversion name should match the newly created one.
Note: please note the AutoTagging feature from Google needs to be enabled, you can do so in the Admin menu (the cog icon), then click Account Settings, then Auto-Tagging section. You'll be able to check the current status of auto-tagging for your account. To turn auto-tagging on or off, click to check or uncheck the box next to “Tag the URL that people click through from my ad”. Make sure to Save any changes. More info here: https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/3095550?hl=en
Once everything is connected, Freespee will import conversions 6 hours after the call is made (due to Google Ads offline conversion API restrictions).
Here's what we send to Google Ads:
- Conversion Name
- Conversion Value
- Conversion Currency Code
Conversion value is basically the call commission. Call commission can be setup by creating pricing models for a customer.
That's it! Any questions, don't hesitate to contact our Support team.