Enabling this integration allows Kaisa to feed information about your calls to your Google Campaign account. In the feed will be information linking each call to the Google Campaign visitor that generated the conversion.
Our integration utilises the Google Campaign Conversion API, so the data is fed into your account in real time. With this data, the DoubleClick display platform will be able to leverage this data and make better targeting and bid decisions.
1. Authorise Kaisa to send data to your Google Campaign Manager account.
First, contact your Google Account Manager to inform them you would like to enable the Kaisa & Campaign Manager integration. You will then receive an email from your Account Manager asking for a confirmation to allow Kaisa to send data to your account. You can also add
2. Grant Kaisa user access to post offline conversions
In this step, you will grant Kaisa access to onboard offline conversion data into your Google Campaign Manager account. Permissions will be used to limit Kaisa's ability to only insert offline conversions via the API. Follow these instructions to grant Kaisa access:
Create a new user role: Admin > User Roles > New
- User role name: Offline API Access
- Source user role: Advertiser / Reporting Login
- Unselect all boxes
- Select Insert offline conversions
- Click Save
Create a new user profile: Admin > User profiles > New
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Profile name: Freespee Access
- User role: Offline API Access
3. Set up your conversion label mapping and share it with Kaisa
Floodlight activities in Google Campaign Manager are used to group conversions by product groups, customer type or conversion channels (e.g., phone sales). This enables Google Campaign Manager reporting to filter advertising campaign conversions.
If your offline conversions goal is to track the different customer types that perform different activities over the phone, your mapping may look like the following:
|GCM Floodlight activities
|Offline Conversion Tracking – Answered call
|Offline Conversion Tracking – Missed call
|Offline Conversion Tracking – Converted call
The following custom variables are sent when using the Converted call activity:
|Kaisa call ID
|Answered status (0/1)
|Call duration in seconds
|Goal value (from pricing model)
|Goal value currency (SEK, USD, GBP, etc.)
|Goal met (0/1)
If you have to upload the same conversion into both this Conversions API and the Search Ads 360 API, you should define two different floodlight activities. One to be populated by the Search Ads 360 Event API and one populated by the Conversions API.
In order to create new Floodlight activities (conversion tags) for Kaisa to push data to DoubleClick, please follow these steps:
- Advertiser Settings > Floodlight activity groups > New: "Kaisa"
- Advertiser Settings > Floodlight activities > New: "Offline Conversion Tracking - Phone call" (this is an example)
|Floodlight Activity Group
|Offline Conversion Tracking – Phone call
Please note that there are no restrictions on minimum/maximum quantity of conversion labels.
4. Activate the Google Campaign Manager integration in Kaisa
The final part of the integration that needs to be completed is the activation of the Google Campaign Manager integration within the Kaisa Dashboard. Follow these instructions:
- Log in to Kaisa, open the Workflows tab and search for Google Campaign Manager.
- Find the Google Campaign Manager integration and click Setup.
- Confirm that you have completed steps 1,2 and 3. Fill out the required details (User Profile ID, Floodlight Activities ID(s), Floodlight Configuration ID and the Advertiser ID) and click Save changes.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long until I see conversion data in Google Campaign Manager?
- When the event is captured by Kaisa, we send this to Google for processing. DoubleClick processes this data nightly into the normal conversion path, and you will see the results in Google Campaign Manager the following day.
How does the API differ from and/or work with the DoubleClick Search API?
|Conversions Uploaded via...
|...appear in DS reporting
|...appear in Google Campaign Manager reporting
|...drive DS bid optimization
|...drive DBM bid optimization
|In the ‘paid search’ column
|Google Campaign Manager API
- Google customers using both APIs should be careful not to upload the same conversion to the same Floodlight Activity via both APIs as Google does not support de-duplication across APIs.
- If a customer must upload the same conversion into both APIs, we suggest defining two different floodlight activities; one populated by the Google Search Event API, and one populated by the Google Conversions API.
- Ultimately, Google does anticipate that both APIs will be unified.
- Advertisers cannot specify attribution method on the upload for the Google Conversions API - this differs a bit from the Search Ads 360 API, where an advertiser can upload a conversion pre-attributed to a specific click and the attribution is joined accordingly. Google anticipates this feature being enabled in the Google Conversions API in the future.
Finding your Custom Floodlight Variable Type ID
In the above example, the Floodlight Variable Type for product_group is "u1."
How it works
- Kaisa captures Google Display traffic and saves the visitors’ user ID
- Every user ID gets its own phone number
- When a call is made Kaisa sends back the user ID as a conversion to Google Campaign Manager
- Google Campaign Manager optimises the ad placements based on this conversion data
What Kaisa sends
- User ID
- Floodlight details
- Sale value (if exists)
Feel free to contact Kaisa Support at support@Kaisa.io or create a ticket if you have any questions.