Enabling this integration allows Freespee to feed information about your calls to your DoubleClick Campaign account. In the feed will be information linking each call to the DoubleClick Campaign visitor that generated the conversion.
Our integration utilises the DoubleClick Campaign Conversion API, so the data is fed into your account in real time. With this data, the DoubleClick display platform will be able to leverage this data and make better targeting and bid decisions.
1. Authorise Freespee to send data to your DoubleClick Campaign Manager account.
First, contact your DoubleClick Account Manager to inform them you would like to enable the Freespee & DoubleClick integration. You will then receive an email from your DoubleClick Account Manager asking for a confirmation to allow Freespee to send data to your account.
2. Grant Freespee user access to post offline conversions
In this step, you will grant Freespee access to onboard offline conversion data into your DoubleClick Campaign Manager account. Permissions will be used to limit Freespee's ability to only insert offline conversions via the API. Follow these instructions to grant Freespee access:
Create a new user role: Admin > User Roles > New
- User role name: Offline API Access
- Source user role: Advertiser / Reporting Login
- Unselect all boxes
- Select Insert offline conversions
- Click Save
Create a new user profile: Admin > User profiles > New
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Profile name: Freespee Access
- User role: Offline API Access
3. Set up your conversion label mapping and share it with Freespee
Floodlight activities in DoubleClick are used to group conversions by product groups, customer type or conversion channels (e.g., phone sales). This enables DoubleClick Campaign Manager reporting to filter advertising campaign conversions.
If your offline conversions goal is to track the different customer types that perform different activities over the phone, your mapping may look like the following:
|Product_group||DoubleClick Floodlight activities|
|Phone calls||Offline Conversion Tracking – Answered call|
|Phone calls||Offline Conversion Tracking – Missed call|
|Phone calls||Offline Conversion Tracking – Converted call|
The following custom variables are sent when using the Converted call activity:
|u1||Freespee call ID|
|u2||Answered status (0/1)|
|u3||Call duration in seconds|
|u4||Goal value (from pricing model)|
|u5||Goal value currency (SEK, USD, GBP, etc.)|
|u6||Goal met (0/1)|
If you have to upload the same conversion into both this Conversions API and the DoubleClick Search API, you should define two different floodlight activities. One to be populated by the DoubleClick Search Event API and one populated by the DoubleClick Conversions API.
In order to create new Floodlight activities (conversion tags) for Freespee to push data to DoubleClick, please follow these steps:
- Advertiser Settings > Floodlight activity groups > New: "Freespee"
- Advertiser Settings > Floodlight activities > New: "Offline Conversion Tracking - Phone call" (this is an example)
|Floodlight Activity Group||Floodlight Activity|
|Freespee||Offline Conversion Tracking – Phone call|
Please note that there are no restrictions on minimum/maximum quantity of conversion labels.
4. Activate the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration in Freespee
The final part of the integration that needs to be completed is the activation of the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration within the Freespee Dashboard. Follow these instructions:
- Log in to Freespee, open the Recipes tab and search for DoubleClick Campaign Manager.
- Find the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration and click the toggle to Enable.
- Confirm that you have completed steps 1,2 and 3. Fill out the required details (User Profile ID, Floodlight Activities ID(s), Floodlight Configuration ID and the Advertiser ID) and click Save changes.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long until I see conversion data in DoubleClick Campaign Manager?
- When the event is captured by Freespee, we send this to DoubleClick for processing. DoubleClick processes this data nightly into the normal conversion path, and you will see the results in DoubleClick Campaign Manager the following day.
How does the API differ from and/or work with the DoubleClick Search API?
|Conversions Uploaded via...||...appear in DS reporting||...appear in DoubleClick Campaign Manager reporting||...drive DS bid optimization||...drive DBM bid optimization|
|DS API||Yes||In the ‘paid search’ column||Yes||No|
|DoubleClick Campaign Manager API||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
- DoubleClick customers using both APIs should be careful not to upload the same conversion to the same Floodlight Activity via both APIs as DoubleClick does not support de-duplication across APIs.
- If a customer must upload the same conversion into both APIs, we suggest defining two different floodlight activities; one populated by the DoubleClick Search Event API, and one populated by the DoubleClick Conversions API.
- Ultimately, DoubleClick does anticipate that both APIs will be unified.
- Advertisers cannot specify attribution method on the upload for the DoubleClick Conversions API - this differs a bit from the DoubleClick Search API, where an advertiser can upload a conversion pre-attributed to a specific click and the attribution is joined accordingly. DoubleClick anticipates this feature being enabled in the DoubleClick Conversions API in the future.
Finding your Custom Floodlight Variable Type ID
In the above example, the Floodlight Variable Type for product_group is "u1."
How it works
- Freespee captures DoubleClick Display traffic and saves the visitors’ user ID
- Every user ID gets its own phone number
- When a call is made Freespee sends back the user ID as a conversion to DoubleClick Campaign Manager
- DoubleClick Campaign Manager optimises the ad placements based on this conversion data
What Freespee sends
- User ID
- Floodlight details
- Sale value (if exists)
Feel free to contact Freespee Support at email@example.com or create a ticket if you have any questions.