Our integration with Salesforce automatically adds call information together with the full customer journey to leads and contacts in Salesforce. It happens in real-time when a call enters the system.
- Make sure that all the "phone" fields are visible for the user connecting Salesforce to Freespee. Since we will be looking at all the phone fields within your Salesforce account to find a match, please make sure that all fields (even "Other Phone") in the Contact details are visible.
- The standard "Status" task field has both "In Progress" and "Completed" values. Since API is case sensitive, make sure that these values also have the same capitalisation.
- The status will be automatically updated to "Completed" once a call ends.
- Make sure that the users have the correct access rights to all the custom fields Freespee will be populating.
- Also, make sure that the user connecting Freespee with Salesforce has sufficient access rights or visibility for all the fields required by this integration (i.e. standard phone fields and custom fields).
How to activate
1. Create custom fields in Salesforce
In order to map the Freespee data into your Salesforce account, you will have to create custom fields. Please refer to the picture below for all the required custom fields and their format. In Step 4 you will be able to map these custom fields to the Freespee data.
To create a custom field, open your Salesforce setup, click on Build, then Customize, Activities and finally Activity Custom Fields. Clicking on New will create a new custom field.
The following data will be sent to Salesforce (Data type in brackets):
- Origin number: inbound number (Phone)
- Freespee number: the number that replaced your number (Phone)
- Answering number: original destination number (Phone)
- Source Media: the source of the call; e.g. SEO, SEM (Picklist; disable "Strictly enforce picklist")
- Source name: name of the source (Picklist; disable "Strictly enforce picklist")
- Call status: answered/missed (Picklist; disable "Strictly enforce picklist")
- Call date & time: when the call started (Date/time)
- Call end date & time: when the call ended (Date/time)
- Google Analytics Client ID: if needed for linking Salesforce and Google Analytics (Text)
- Subcustomer: Freespee subcustomer name (Picklist; disable "Strictly enforce picklist")
- The last URL visited: the last URL visited before the call took place (URL)
2. Connect Freespee with Salesforce
Next, you will have to activate the Salesforce integration on Freespee's end. To do this, log in to Freespee, open the Recipe tab and search for Salesforce
Find the Salesforce integration and click the toggle to Enable.
Now you will have to click Authorize with Salesforce which will redirect you to Salesforce.
Finally, grant permissions to Freespee in Salesforce and you are ready to make customisations in the Salesforce Settings. It will be discussed in step 4.
3. Create a page layout for Freespee calls in Salesforce
We recommend creating a specific page layout for Freespee calls. This way your users will see a different view from the standard Salesforce tasks.
To create a page layout, open your Salesforce setup, click on Build, then Customize, Activities and finally Task Page Layout. Now you will be able to create your own layout by dragging the fields to a preferred place.
Save and Assign it to the Calls By Freespee record type.
4. Map the data between Freespee and Salesforce
In the Edit tab of your newly activated Salesforce integration, you will have to select the corresponding custom fields you have created in Step 1.
Here you will be able to add a Record Type ID, that can be used when we send call data to Salesforce and a lead is created.
You can also allow Freespee to auto create a lead in either the contact or lead database if no phone number is found in Salesforce (Record Type ID can be found into Salesforce Set Up > Lead > Record Type ).
Some of the standard Lead fields can also be customised:
- Lead Source Value: the name of the source for an inbound caller (e.g. Inbound call, Phone call)
- Lead Name: the name of an inbound caller
- Lead Company Name: the company name of an inbound caller
Please note that if "Auto create lead (optional) is active, then the three fields above are mandatory.
You will also have an option for "Auto-created Lead's Phone Number as Name (optional)", so our recipe auto populates the "Phone" field in Salesforce for each call, making them easier to identify.
Click Save changes at the bottom of this screen to confirm your settings and finish the activation on Freespee's end!
5. Enable Freespee calls for all your users
When you connect Freespee to your Salesforce account, we will automatically create a custom Task Record Type called "Calls By Freespee". Make sure that this record type is enabled for each user who should have access to it. To do this, click on Manage Users and then Profiles.
On the profile that you would like to provide access, scroll down to Record Type Settings and click Edit under Tasks.
Under the Available Record Types drop-down menu, select Calls By Freespee and finally click on Add.
You will have to repeat these steps for each profile you would like to provide with access to this record type.
Important information regarding this integration:
- None of the custom fields is mandatory. However, removing any of them after the activation will break the entire integration.
- Automatic lead creation is done in real time when a call is made.
- If you use Quick Actions in Salesforce Lightning, be aware that you will have to reassign them to the corresponding Task Record Type.
- If you were already using the Freespee Salesforce integration, please note that you may encounter an issue when connecting to your Salesforce Account due to an existing OAuth access. To resolve this, click under Administer, Manage Apps and finally Connected App oAuth Usage. Here you will have to click on the User count number and revoke the access for each user.