Optimizely is an A/B testing tool which allows you to display different content to your website visitors and analyze which of your experiments that works best for you.
Easy to activate
1. Make sure the Optimizely and Freespee scripts are both installed on all your web pages. Where should I insert my code snippet with the script
2. Log in to Freespee, open the Apps tab and search for Optimizely.
3. Find the Optimizely App and click Activate.
4. Enable the Optimizely App by simply clicking Save and Activate. Note: An optional Goal ID can be added before saving, if you don't know what this is, just skip this field.
5. Log in to your Optimizely account and choose an experiment.
6. Click on the Editor button to switch to the experiment editor.
7. Once in the editor mode, click the Set Up Goals button.
8. Within Experiment Goals, choose to Create a New Goal.
9. For the Goal Name, choose a relevant name for the goal that will be triggered by phone calls. From the dropdown What to Track, choose Custom events. In Custom Event to track, add the event identifier called freespee_call. This is the event identifier that Freespee will send to Optimizely when a phone call takes place. Once done, click Save to save the goal.
10. All done!
How it works
- Freespee captures Optimizely identifiers for each web visitor and serves the visitor with a call extension
- When a call is made Freespee sends back conversion data to Optimizely
- A goal is registered in the Optimizely platform.
What we send
- Optimizely Project ID
- Optimizely Experiments Data
- Optimizely Segments Data
- Optimizely End User ID
- Optimizely Goal ID (if set)
- Call value (if exists)