Freespee is very excited about the power of automatic bid strategies in products such as DoubleClick Search. With the addition of call data metrics, the mathematical algorithms can make much better bidding decisions. We are an integral part of closing a very big gap, and that's why, together with our friends at Google, we have developed an Integration for DoubleClick Search.
In simple words, this means that when the integration is enabled, Freespee will feed information about calls to the customer's DoubleClick Search account. In the feed, there will be information linking each call to the DoubleClick Search visitor and the particular ad that generated the conversion. The Freespee DS integration utilises the DoubleClick Search Conversion API and feeds data to the customer's DS account in real time. Bid strategies in the DoubleClick Search platform will be able to leverage this data and make better mathematical bid decisions based on more complete statistics (rather than partial statistics which will be the case of not accounting for call conversions).
The impact of the DoubleClick Search integration can bring drastic changes to the amount of data available to the advertiser. If you're curious to know more, this is a great blog post to get you up to speed with some fancier details about DoubleClick.
How to activate
For us to be able to activate the DoubleClick Search integration, there are some manual steps where we need your help to set everything up.
- Please send the following to ds-support ([email protected]):
Please grant the following user, [email protected], with ‘advertiser-user’ access to my DoubleClick Search account:
- Log in to your DoubleClick Search account and navigate to the Advertiser > Advertiser Settings and make sure that "Conversions API" is set to Enabled. If not, please enable and save.
- You will need to create at least one Floodlight activity, type Action Tag, for calls named "calls" or "offline calls" or anything else you'd like. Please navigate again to the Advertiser Settings and into Floodlight Activities and create a new Action Tag. The floodlight activity name is the information you later need to add into the Freespee Dashboard to enable the DoubleClick Search integration.
Instructions for creating a new Floodlight activity:
- Name, for example, "Phone calls" (Whatever you choose to name it, please send us the name you are using, Freespee needs to know it)
- Expected URL, just go ahead and add your domain address ex. "yourdomain.com" here, it will not matter.
- Activity Group, please go ahead and create a new group called "Calls". If you are asked to choose, please set the group type to Action.
1. Log in to Freespee, open the Recipes tab and search for DoubleClick Search.
2. Find the DoubleClick integration and click the toggle to Enable.
3. Next, enter some information from your DoubleClick Search account.
Action name, all calls: Mandatory field.
Action name, qualified calls: Optional. If you are working with campaigns, calls that are qualified, but have no commission specified in your pricing model, will get this tag.
Transaction name, qualified calls: Optional. If you are working with campaigns, calls that are qualified, and have a commission specified in your pricing model, will get this tag.
Action name, non-qualified calls: Optional. If you are working with campaigns, calls that are not qualified according to your pricing model will get this tag.
Read more about pricing models and qualified calls: When is a call counted as Converted?
Click Save changes to confirm the activation.
The calls will now be visible in DoubleClick Search under Campaigns.
The automated data feed from Freespee will now make your inbound phone calls part of the buying equation.
How it works
- Freespee captures DoubleClick Search traffic and saves visitors' click IDs
- Every click ID gets its own phone number
- When a call is made Freespee sends back the click ID to DoubleClick Search
- DoubleClick Search optimises their ad placement based on this conversion data
What we send
- Click ID
- Segmentation name
Read more: Getting Started