The Freespee to Google Analytics integration can easily be enabled in your Freespee account.
Here is how to do it:
1. Log in to Freespee, open the Recipes tab and search for Google Analytics.
2. Find the Google Analytics integration and click the toggle to Activate.
3. All you need to do is to click the Save changes-button and Freespee will automatically pick up the Google Analytics tracking ID (UA id) found on your website.
- You can manually enter one or multiple UA id(s), separated by comma (",") : UA-XXXXXXX-X,UA-XXXXXXX-X. We currently support up to three UA Ids.
- Unique caller time frame is an optional setting that will ensure that an event is not sent within the selected timeframe if it's from the same origin number calling.
- When Don't send static numbers events option is selected, we will prevent static number calls to be sent.
- It is also possible to add a custom dimension to the corresponding field and the script will take care of the rest! Make sure to include 'cd1=' at the start.
- Send goal value as event value means that if you have defined a campaign and pricing-model in Freespee, this setting changes so that the actual value decided by the pricing-model is sent instead of the call duration in seconds (i.e. a monetary value).
- When to send data to GA allows the option to delay sending of the data.
- You can also choose to Send all events non-interactive, so that the event data is sent without any visitor/website/online activity (for example a call on a static number sent to GA will otherwise also create a virtual online session in GA which would dilute the real online statistics).
Once the integration is enabled, Freespee will start feeding your calls into your Google Analytics standard report into Content > Events. The event category pushed is ”Freespee calls”.
All the call info from your Freespee Dashboard is also pushed there, including the media type of the source & keywords, if present (can be found under Event action), status – whether the call was answered or missed (Event label) and the duration of each call (Event value).
Please note that Freespee does not get access to your Google Analytics account data!
How it works
- Freespee feeds all your calls to Google Analytics
- Calls show up as Events in your Google Analytics dashboard
- Your calls can also be used to trigger Goals
- AdWords links with the Google Click ID and can be used to optimize ad placement
- Freespee detects and supports both Google Analytics and Universal Analytics
What we send
- Call date and time
- Call status (answered or missed)
- Call duration
- Google Click ID
- Google Client ID