Freespee to Google Analytics integration is available for all our users and you can enable it in your Freespee account. Here is how you do it:
1. Log in to Freespee, open the Apps tab and search for Google Analytics.
2. Find the Google Analytics App and click Activate.
3. All you need to do is to click the Save and Activate-button and Freespee will automatically pick the Google Analytics tracking ID (UA id) found on your website.
Optionally, you can manually enter one or multiple UA id(s) in the field below, separated by comma (","). Unique caller time frame is another optional setting. This will ensure that an event is not sent within the selected timeframe if it's the same origin number calling. When the Don't send static numbers events option is selected, we will prevent static number calls to be sent.
It is also possible to add a custom dimension to the corresponding field and the script will take care of the rest! Make sure to include 'cd1=' at the start.
Once the plugin is enabled, Freespee will start feeding your calls into your Google Analytics standard report into Content > Events. The event category pushed is ”Freespee calls”.
All the call info from your Freespee Dashboard is also pushed there, including the media type of the source & keywords, if present (can be found under Event action), status – whether the call was answered or missed (Event label) and the duration of each call (Event value).
Please note that Freespee does not get access to your Google Analytics account data!
How it works
- Freespee feeds all your calls to Google Analytics
- Calls show up as Events in your Google Analytics dashboard
- Your calls can also be used to trigger Goals
- AdWords links with the Google Click ID and can be used to optimize ad placement
- Freespee detects and supports both Google Analytics and Universal Analytics
What we send
- Call date and time
- Call status (answered or missed)
- Call duration
- Google Click ID
- Google Client ID